Mulligatawney

It is finally cold today. Today my old friends, the Rumbaughs, are burying their beloved father. Next to losing a child losing a parent is the worst thing I can think of. Both of my parents have passed. I miss my mother every single day.

I made the Potato-Leek soup. It was not a hit. Everyone ate it but no one was really into it. I am not going to pass on the recipe since it isn't anything I would make again.

The next night I made Mulligatawney. It was received with  pleasure by the official Taste Testers.

So here is the official recipe:

                             Mahala's Mulligatawney Soup

Shopping List:
1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 stalk of celery, 1 pepper, 1 cup of left over chicken bits, 1 apple, butter, flour, curry, parsley, 1 can Rotel, 2 bullion cubes, boiling water, milk, S&P

Chop up your onion, carrot and celery apple and pepper. I hate green pepper so I always use a different color.

Saute all of that, along with the chicken in 1/4 cup of butter.  Pleases don't ruin good food with margerine. Gross. Stir in 1/3 cup of flour. I would add it gradually. Then add 1 teaspoon of curry. 2 whole cloves, some parsley, the Rotel, the bullion and the water and salt and pepper.  Simmer until the onions are tender. Just before serving add 3 cups of milk and heat through.

Just a caution with the curry. This dish had too much for my taste. The official Tasters thought it was perfect.

I got my husband a Google Mini for Christmas. Today we set it up and we are having a ball with it. 

Now I am off to make brownies for Card Night - no recipe. It is just a box mix. However I am creating something for dinner using up bits in the freezer. I will let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular Posts