Rainy Days and Sundays always get me down.

The original song  (which was Monday by the way) was by Paul Williams. He wrote many many popular songs of the 70's performed by artists like Three Dog Night and Barbara Streisand.

But today is Sunday. I drug myself out of bed to go to church. Actually this week I was already up. I don't know why I can get up to go to work at 6 am on Monday and Wednesday but I can't get up by 9 on Sunday.

Today was the children's program. Shoot, I thought I managed to miss it along with the cantata, two events I avoid like plague. Actually it was very short and cute. I always love when that one child does her own thing. Go Gracie! The program ended today with a touching version of "Mary, Did You Know" which I always cry when I hear and today was no exception.

I came home to do my unfinished chores (laundry) and my husbands unfinished chores (dishes) neither of which are done yet.

He is at Hooters watching the Vikings play football. He has been a fan since their inception. He had season tickets for 26 years and moving here for football season has been a real trauma for him.
My aunt asked him why he couldn't stay home and watch it and he explained we are on the wrong side of the river. She said, 
"Well, couldn't you go over to Dunbar to watch it?" We had a good laugh. Wrong side of the wrong river. Apparently coverage on each side of the Mississippi is different. Conferences or something like that. 

Now I am lunching, 2 slices of summer sausage, 1 baby belle cheese and 2 peanut butter balls with coffee. I must have 1/2 and 1/2 or there is just no point. It is like tea with no sugar. Why bother?

Today is a bad day for me to be drinking without a sippy cup and I have to retype a lot of this. I have a medication that from time to time gives me tremors much like new leaves in a spring wind. Sounds better than it feels. 

It is raining again and I noticed how high the Kanawha River was today. According to the National Weather Service it was actually down at bit at 2 pm to 21.2 feet. Thirty feet is flood stage. Since it is raining again you might think about pulling your old Ark out of the garage and start looking for pairs of animals. Maybe forget the mosquito's this time.

An interesting note: the gauge is located on the South Side Bridge.

I moved my desk in front of the window because I can be nosy and watch people come and go. Plus the light is better. 

Today is so gloomy there has been no come and go and I feel like the sole survivor of a drenched planet. 

This is the Eve of Christmas Eve - a time I used to find unbearably exciting. My thoughts this year are more somber. I am officially an orphan as of November this year. I am now the oldest living person in my direct line of descent. My brother is 13 years younger.  I realize the majority of the people I have known throughout my life have passed on. That makes those who are still here precious. Time will march on and someday my son, Nicholas will sit and reflect that he is the oldest in his direct line, and that time has made him an orphan also. It will march on generation after generation until we are merely odd names in a family genealogy book. Maybe in 50 or 100 years someone will look at it and say,
"Patricia - that's an odd name. Let's name our baby after her."

Comments

Popular Posts