Cemeteries, Lost Dogs, Calories

I live next to a cemetery and I love to walk the dogs there. They run and play and I look at the names. Familiar last names, odd first names, and dates. I mull over the relationships of people buried together. I sometimes clean the leaves off the infant graves. I have found headstones that date back to the 1930's and the newest is awaiting its occupant later today.

While I was stone gazing my Shiba Inu disappeared. She was behind me and then...gone. I called and called and walked and walked. Yes, I even checked the awaiting hole. Finally I called my husband who came with the car He walked and whistled and I drove and called. I called my aunt to check and see if our little girl walked home by herself. No luck. My aunt got in her car and came to join the search. She found her curled up in front of a headstone shaking. 

I do not know why she did not come to our shouts and whistles but she must think we are very bad dog  parents to go and get lost like that.

I came home to find I had a gift in the mail. It was from Amazon so I am guessing it was from my daughter in love - Karolyn. It was herbal teas, which I certainly needed at cup at that point. 

I thought I was settling in, early pajama time. But you know holidays. Friends with too many goodies left over calling you to come visit and plying you with their unused calories. So off we went to our friend Claudette's house to admire her decorations - and they were very nice. Her house is always pleasantly decorated - making me a little jealous.  Mine is decorated more in the theme of "Oh, here is another box of stuff we need to put somewhere."

Then tonight was Card Group Night. Another gathering where people bring all their left over treats and try to get you to eat them. I know I took a bunch of mine in hope of emptying a space in the fridge.

One thing I am really happy about. My scales batteries died. I am unable to weigh myself until I find two double A batteries. Trust me, I am not looking very hard. 

In just a few days we will be entering a new year. It will have new challenges, new problems ad new joys and experiences. I am looking forward to all the good things that are ahead.

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- scoobybedeau2_page_body_AdSense1_ -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-2360701609150243"
     data-ad-slot="3786090208"
     data-ad-format="auto"
     data-full-width-responsive="true"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

</script>

Comments

Popular Posts